Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More Than a Picture

Our family recently made the decision to sponsor another child with Compassion.

Since our first sponsor child was chosen to be of a similar age to Brie, we wanted our second child to be close in age to Ella.

I think this just makes these kids more relatable and they become more than just a picture on the fridge. Afterall we send many pictures and letters to our sponsored kids in order to show them how much we care.

For several weeks now we have been waiting to get a picture of our new sponsor child, Mary, in the mail.

Ella has asked literally DOZENS of times when her picture was coming.

Finally yesterday, our new picture arrived. I promptly put it on the fridge beside the picture of Ashly, our first sponsor child.

When I was tucking Ella into bed last night, this is what I saw...


Mary has made her way not only into Ella's room, but into her heart as well.

How could you not love a sweet face like this?

Kenya has always held a special place in my heart. I'm not exactly what draws me towards that country, but I have specifically wanted to sponsor a child from there for quite some time now. This country is filled with amazing culture and animals, but I know God has placed this country in my heart for a deeper purpose.

Maybe it was for Mary.

Compassion Bloggers is sending another team of bloggers to Kenya this week. Their flight actually leaves today. You can be sure that I will be tuning in daily to read about their experiences.

If you want to welcome a sponsor child not only into your home, but into your hearts as well, you can do so today!

No comments: