Saturday, March 6, 2010

Your Shape Wii review

Your Shape

When I was given the opportunity to review a new Wii fitness game I was excited. However I also had some reservations. I'll be honest... I saw the name Jenny McCarthy and thought it's going to be lame and/or annoying.

Your Shape featuring Jenny McCarthy is actually a brilliant idea. Each game comes with a small camera that plugs into your Wii console. The camera can be placed on top of your TV to track your movements. It then compares your movements with Jenny's and lets you know which area of your body needs correcting. I haven't found it to be annoying at all.

Each workout can be adapted and personalized to you. You can choose which areas of your body to work on, and specify whether you want to work on tone, strength or burn. There are well over 400 exercises so it's never the same thing twice!

I have tried Your Shape several times now and I am really enjoying it. I usually do a 15-minute routine so it doesn't take up too much of my day, but by the end (or the middle :) ) I am really sweating. I have definitely felt the burn in my muscles, and I'm seeing positive results.

My favorite thing about this game is how accurate it is. Other fitness games for the Wii (like Wii Fit) have their good points too, but those games are easy to manipulate simply by waving the remote around like a maniac. You can't do that with the camera in Your Shape. I would definitely recommend this game to someone who likes to stay active!

Exclusive!
Get Your Shape featuring Jenny McCarthy for only $39.99!
This limited time offer is only available at Costco from March 8 to March 14 2010.


***I received the Your Shape Wii game free, courtesy of BzzAgent***

No comments: