
Modern worship songwriter/artist Brenton Brown may be the most popular worship leader you have never heard of. Brenton has five CCLI’s Top 100 songs that are being sung by millions in churches all around the world, as well as played in concert venues and recorded on albums by an acclaimed group of artists, such as Chris Tomlin, Rebecca St. James, Lincoln Brewster and Flyleaf’s Lacey Mosely (familiar anthems as “Lord Reign in Me,” “All Who Are Thirsty,” “Hosanna (Praise is Rising)” and “Everlasting God,” which was honored by ASCAP as one of the most performed songs in the USA in 2007 across all genres, marking the first time that a worship song has been recognized with such an honor).
“Adoration,” which is being released to radio this month, is an encouragement from Brenton to always hold onto hope in the Lord, no matter the circumstances. The song is Brenton’s expression of hope having gone through the painful loss of a stillborn baby girl, Gracie, and the terror of nine months of pregnancy before the eventual joy with the healthy birth of his daughter, Bella.
My Review: As someone who helps lead worship music at church, I have been familiar with the name Brenton Brown for a long time. Some of my favorite songs were written by him, although these songs are usually on someone else's album. So when I heard that Brenton Brown was releasing his own album, I knew that I would want my own copy. "Adoration" features some of his older songs, but also some brand new ones too. His lyrics are heartfelt and the melodies are inspiring. I would definitely recommend this album if you like to listen to worship music at home.
***Album courtesy of Kingsway North America and Graf-Martin Communications Inc. Available in stores Feb. 23, 2010***










.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment