Today Ray is going for a bypass surgery on his heart. We are praying that his surgery doesn't get bumped as it was originally scheduled for Monday.
I need to finish up a take-home midterm today but it's difficult to concentrate.
I've actually been playing piano instead, since it is a wonderful way to relax.
I've starting working on my newest challenge in piano. In January I decided to work on a shortened version of "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven. It has definitely been a challenge to play with the frequency of note changing, as well as the dynamics (loud, soft) of the music.
I think that this song still needs some work, but it has come together quite nicely. Especially considering that our piano teacher was away for all of February. I've actually had a couple of other Suzuki songs come together recently, and it is starting to feel like I am actually a pianist!
Giving myself a challenge seems to work well. It keeps me inspired, and it feels like a great accomplishment once I tackle it. This one will take a lot longer, but with finals coming up shortly I'm sure that I will be practicing even more in the weeks to come!
The song I want to learn?
"Think of Me", from the Phantom of the Opera!!!
LOVE that song!
At this point, I can play the first 8 or so measures of the song hands together, but there are over 60 measures so I have lots of work ahead of me.
YAY! It's good work.
We also have the unofficial word of where we are moving. I will not post the location online, but for those who are interested we are happy with the result. I will update my Facebook in a couple of weeks once the papers have been signed. Or you can email me in April to find out!
Now begins the fun process of house appraisals, listing the house, selling the house, etc.
I actually have had a few people in town asking about our house already. One neighbour was even kind enough to phone me at 8:00 in the morning to inquire. (seriously, 8AM!) Our pending transfer was in the paper (yep, pretty sad, I know!) and she wanted to know when we would be selling our house. That is small town life for you!
We will really miss this house. It is spacious and bright. I love the yard with the MANY perennials, and the garden. This year I have decided that it wouldn't make sense to plant anything. But that makes me sad because I love making trips to the greenhouse. Gardening is so fun!
Once the sale is complete, we can go ahead and search for a new place to live. Believe me, we have already searched MLS quite extensively and have a few possibilities in mind.
Well I really DO need to finish up this midterm exam....










.jpg)

1 comment:
i hear you on not planting anything. we just moved, and likely won't be able to plant anything in the yard this year....i'm going to miss my veggie garden! i've decided to just plant pots to allow me to have flowers, yet it's still not the same....i guess better than nothing.
i hope all of your moving plans go smoothly! can't wait to hear where you'll be going;)
Wendy
Post a Comment