Making the decision to return to school last semester was not an easy one. Making the decision to return to school while being a stay-at-home-mom of 2 busy kids, seemed like an impossible task! Knowing that I could take satellite or online classes was what made my decision easier in the first place. Through these electronic avenues I am able to still take care of my kids without paying someone ridiculously high childcare costs, and I can work on my schoolwork at my leisure, if there is such a thing as a mom.
If I knew that come tomorrow I could not continue to take classes towards my 4-year degree program, I would be absolutely devastated. Yet I think that I would find hope in the midst. I now know that I have this amazing strength inside of me. Strength to work on assignments, write essays, and study for exams, all while maintaining the necessary balance of wife and mother is not an easy task. But I have done it. I am getting good marks, while still playing with the kids, practicing piano, building forts, reading stories, driving the kids to school, going to extracurricular activities, making supper, cleaning the house, and also keeping up my blog. Definitely not easy.
I’m just an average mom doing average things every day. But this also makes me extraordinary, because if I can make it work...anyone can. So I know that somehow I would continue my classes even without the ease of the electronic world. I haven’t come this far just to quit now. Somehow my dream of getting my degree will be completed. Because I am a mom and I can accomplish many things!
***This is my entry for the Mabel's Labels BlogHer '10 Contest***










.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment