Saturday, March 27, 2010

Procrastination

I have a midterm exam in two days.

I also have an assignment due in two days.

But I don't want to work on either one.

Instead I want to spend time being silly with my kids.

I want to get some fresh air.

I want to CLEAN my house. Not the surface clean with floors and bathrooms, but the CLEAN that is necessary in order to list our house in a few short weeks.

I want to feel like I am accomplishing something today.

Other than sitting alone in my too-quiet room with my computer.

I know that schoolwork is necessary. And that I alone chose to do this.

But somedays schoolwork sucks.

And I also know that by procrastinating I am setting myself up for extra stress later on.

I totally get that.

But that doesn't help when I am thinking and processing a million other things in my mind right now.

I am constantly checking MLS for new listings in our current town (there isn't a lot right now, but the housing prices are starting to climb. finally.) and for the town that we are expecting to find out we are moving to in 5 days.

Yes 5 more days until John signs the paperwork to make it official.

EEK!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Everything all comes at once! I know there is always so much to do, but there are never enough hours in a day! I procrastinate at times too...like I really need to wash the floors....but here I am trying to catch up with my blogging buddies! This is more fun. Hubby is away and the kids are finally asleep :O) It's me time! Good luck with everything, I'm sure you will find a perfect balance :O)
Take care,
Tracy