Thursday, February 25, 2010

The 5 Love Languages

FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES, THE
by: Gary Chapman


Description:
New York Times bestselling author Dr. Gary Chapman guides couples in identifying, understanding, and speaking their spouse’s primary love language; quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, or physical touch. Chapters are categorized by love language for easy reference, and each one ends with simple steps to express a specific language to your spouse. You can build a lasting, loving marriage together. More than five million sold!

My Review: I think by now almost everyone has heard of the 5 Love Languages, but most of us still need to implement these simple concepts into our own homes and marriages. I had previously read The 5 Love Languages for Children, but had not applied those concepts to understand how to show love to my husband. I could easily tell you what love languages my children have, but it's not as simple with John.

This book is well written. It is easily read in a short amount of time. I appreciated the Personal Profile at the back of the book too, although that is also available online. I believe that this book is essential in keeping our marriage strong. After all marriages do take hard work, men and women are so very different from each other. John and I are so different from each other. If we can better understand how to relate to each other, and how we each show/receive love differently, our marriage will be better because of it. I enjoyed reading about the many true stories of saved marriages because one or both of them decided to make a change before it was too late. This book is definitely worth a read!

***Available now at your favorite bookseller***

No comments: