Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Meme

For some reason, us women seem to find some sadistic pleasure in listening to other horrific labor stories. We compare, we compete, we really are insane!

Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer has blogged about her labor experiences with her 4 children. Fortunately, I only had to go through labor twice. Both were VERY different experiences.

How Long Were You In Labor?
Brie: 15 hours
Ella: 4 hours

How Did You Know You Were In Labor?
Brie: my water broke
Ella: contractions started very quickly. In fact I was staying in Saskatoon after Christmas and John was at home working like crazy. I called him at 5 am to say he should make the drive to come have a baby and then I went to have a shower. 3 contractions later (in the shower!!) I called John back and told him to hurry! He met me ( and my mom!) at the hospital.

Where Did You Deliver?
Brie: hospital
Ella: hospital

Drugs?
Absolutely! The epidural didn't take well with Brie so they tried it a second time. With Ella, the epidural had JUST started to work and she was born.

C-Section?
Fortunately, nope.

Who Delivered?
With Brie, my doctor had been working the previous night but as it was Jan 1 when we went to the hospital she was off that night. There were 3 babies being born at the same time so we only had an intern for most of it. It was a horrific, pain-filled hour without any baby being born. Finally the OB-Gyn came in and tried the vacuum for another 15 minutes and Brie was born.

With Ella, my doctor was on her way to work in the morning and thought she would just check my progress. Shockingly she said "I guess I will be late to work this morning" and we delivered Ella soon after.


Feel free to play along and create your own Labor Day Meme! You can post the link at Rocks In My Dryer.

No comments: