Well this post won't be all that exciting (sorry), but I just wanted to give a quick overview of Pre-K and how it's been going since it started last week.
The very first day was last Tuesday. Exactly one week ago today.
I excitedly dropped Brie off in anticipation of hearing all about her fun morning in a few hours. When I picked her up at noon that day, she was in tears. It had been a rough morning for her. Certainly not at all the reaction that we were expecting.
There were a lot of kinks to work out with the kids. Location (no child had been in that room before Tuesday morning), routine, recess (with the entire elementary school which was, according to Brie, full of loud and pushy kids). This is a brand new program to our town and with a new teacher and a new program, I guess it just takes a while to get into.
For the remainder of last week, the class was divided into two to help ease children into this new schedule. Each group only went one more time last week, which seemed to go much smoother.
Now this week is back to a full class again. 4 mornings a week.
Brie is absolutely loving it!
What a relief to us worried parents after last week.
She came home at lunch today with John and she was absolutely beaming. She opened up her backpack to show us all our her stuff and she threw her arms around me and gave me a giant bear hug!
How I love that girl!
She sometimes takes a while to get adjusted to new surroundings, but I am so thankful that she is back to her boisterous self again. Once she is comfortable somewhere, she is a very different child, although I suppose that is like most children.
We have set some guidelines for her that she needs to come home each day telling us about her morning. Last year with preschool, literally every week (she only went once a week) we would ask how her morning was and she would respond with "I don't want to tell you about it". How sweet from a then 3 year old.
What a difference a year makes. She is more confident. She is less shy. She is making friends on her own. She is reading, counting to 100, learning math skills, and the list goes on.
Actually her closest friend at pre-K so far is a girl named Ella. Not our Ella, a different girl with the same name. Tell me how confusing that could be! So Ella at school is now Ella M. Much easier to figure out which girl Brie is talking about. It sounds like they are having lots of fun together at school!
Now to see how she fares at the end of first busy week.....
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










.jpg)

2 comments:
Yay for Brie - that's very good news! My William is also a very timid soul, and so I really feel your joy over her excitement and confidence. :o) Yay Brie!
You guys have a very exceptional child. I'm glad she is adjusting to her new surroundings so well.
Post a Comment