Sunday, September 21, 2008

Church Improvements

This morning, John and I became members at our church.

We had been asked to officially join the church months ago, but at that point, our hearts just weren't in the same place that they are now. Many major changes have taken place in our old church in Saskatoon so that we no longer feel connected to it, and we are finally starting to see some positive changes being made in our own. So we decided to become members for whatever length of time that we are still here.

We each had to give our testimonies, which strangely enough, I wasn't nervous for at all. 10 years ago I would have been panicking about any type of public speaking. It helps being in a small church where literally "everybody knows your name". It's a small crowd and most of them would be more nervous about getting up to the front than I would!

Another positive thing to note about church today. We took a vote regarding a pastoral candidate that came last weekend. It is a young couple and we are very excited about the possibility of them moving here and helping to revitalize our church!! Only 22 votes were cast this morning but we were 100% unanimous on the decision to pursue this option. What an answer to prayer!

So now we wait to hear if this couple is ready to make the move (from Canmore of all places!) and come serve at our church. Our denomination is pairing up with another similar denomination to help pay for a full-time pastor, otherwise this wouldn't even be an option.

1 comment:

Tarasview said...

wow... congrats! We have a dreadful time getting people to join our church. Good for you.

A shared pastor eh? Honestly I feel sorry for the guy. No pastoral job is ever part time. But I hope your church finds the right person for the job!