Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cheering Myself Up


This week I am suffering through a nasty cold, so I thought I would write up a post that would help to cheer me up.

Last Friday I had a Luscious Bags purse party. It was a great time and I was almost overwhelmed with the beautifulness of it all!

Luscious Bags is a fairly new Canadian company that does home parties without catalogues. The sales rep brings about 300 items to each party. No two items are the same. So whatever you see and like, you buy and take home right away. They sell mostly purses, but also luggage, sunglasses and jewelery.

Here's a few pictures that I took while the sales rep was setting up. Keep in mind that this is only a fraction of what she had on display here and that most of this is before all the purses came out of her van.


I have never had a "fun" purse, so I decided that this was a good way to meet up with some friends and also ooh and ahh over all the nice stuff at the same time.

You should have seen how excited my girls were with each load of stuff that came into the house. If there was ever any doubt that I have girly girls, this was squashed on Friday night. They loved "modeling" the purses and trying on the jewelery. I think they had just as much fun as us adult women did!

There is currently only 1 Luscious Bags rep in Saskatchewan (the company was started in Alberta) and she is very busy, but she loves to travel around and spread the word. Obviously she hopes that someone else will want to start up a home business with this too and they can share the wealth, so to speak. Currently you can't order online, only through a sales rep. I highly recommend hosting a party!

Here's the 2 purses that I got for myself. The red one was free, with hostess credits.



I also got a free beach basket that contained martini glasses, an ankle bracelet and the makings for bruschetta mix as well as pina coladas. All just for hosting the party! Yum.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's too fun!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Those are bright purses! So lively.

Hey, I just wanted to let you know you won a copy of It's Not about Me by Michelle Sutton on my blog. Please send me your snail mail address so I can let Michelle know where to send her book.

Congratulations!

eileenastels [at] rogers [dot] com

kelle said...

Looks super fun! I love the purses!!

Terra said...

I never heard of a purse party before. The purses are pretty and sparky, fun looking.
Terra