I fear that I may need to resort to pulling out the bars of soap in my bathroom soon.
The girls are discovering new phrases in their vocabulary, complete with the correct tone and everything.
I guess the phrase itself is not THAT serious, but it's certainly not something that I want to encourage or allow to continue.
The phrase that they have learned?
"Shut up".
Yep, my sweet little girls are now yelling at each other to shut up.
How lovely.
The first time I heard it was on Saturday. We were driving to a friend's house and the girls were bickering in the van. All of a sudden Ella yells it out. So I whipped my head around and said "What did you just say?!?!?" She was ordered to apologize and I went on a small lecture of why this was not something that we are going to say to each other.
Later on that night on the drive home, I caught Brie saying it back. Thus I proceeded to give lecture number 2 and she was also ordered to apologize.
I'm guessing they must have picked this up from a movie, because it's not something that John or I say around the house. I'm not sure which movie, but I will be on the lookout for it now.
Thank you Disney. Shall I send you my bill for emotional trauma?
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










.jpg)

4 comments:
Wow, that's just brutal! I don't envy you this new stage. Let me know what punishment ends up working!! When we were kids (up until we moved out) we had to do 10 push ups every time we said "the 's' word" :o) My parents still get mad if they hear one of us say it, even teasingly. Isn't it awful that our kids are growing up and going through these new stages of discipline and stuff?? I hate it. Good Luck with this stage.
just to clarify - the 's' word being "shut up" :o)
yep, we are also thanking Disney for some choice phrases.
I must admit though, since I didn't grow up in church, I don't find it too bad until I see the looks on OTHER people's faces. I mean, it could be A LOT worse.
Hahaha, we went through the same thing, but now the bad words are shut up AND stupid. We've been pushing NOT saying those 2 things for so long that when I hear even an adult say something like, "that's just stupid," I gasp at their profanity. What potty mouths;) The best part which is my personal favorite and it's coming sooner than you think is, "whatver" followed by the eye rolling. Yep, good times to come:)
Carissa
Post a Comment