I didn't actually think to bring my camera so I can't include any pictures but I'll give a brief summary of our weekend.
The girls and I left John at home since he was going to be on-call or working the entire weekend anyways.
Poor guy was really bored and tried to get some extra work done, but darn people were all obeying the laws and so he couldn't really write any big tickets or anything.
We had fun in the city visiting both families. The cousins all decorated some sugar cookies and they were VERY hyper and FULL of sugar but they had a good time.
A friend and I made it to the New Kids On The Block concert on Saturday night. She knew someone that had better tickets than I did so we used those ones instead. It was kind of last-minute otherwise we would have tried to give the extra tickets to someone else!
But we were fairly close to the stage. We had lots of fun screaming and singing along to the familiar tunes of our childhood. At one point, the guys came down to the main level and we were about 25 feet away from them. We could have joined the masses quite easily as we were in the 4th row of the stands but we didn't really want to participate along with the crazy women.
Seriously crazy women!
One was wearing a shirt that said "I would leave my husband for XXXXXX". I actually think she was serious.
We encountered several women who looked to be desperate to meet the band. I'm sure they would have done ANYTHING to meet them. That's just weird and scary to me.
But we had a great time anyways!!
On Sunday my family went to the zoo. The weather wasn't great, but it ended up being a perfect day to see the animals. Given the cooler temperatures, the animals were quite active.
The bears were wrestling with each other which was fun to watch.
Our zoo just got 2 lions that arrived this winter but they have only been on display for a short time. The lions are only a year old but they are quite large already.
The 4 kids had more fun running back and forth and screaming than watching the lions, but us adults were quite fascinated with those big creatures. They actually were trying to stalk our children, which was rather disturbing.
Lions are my very favorite animal in the world, but when they are staring at my girls like they are a piece of meat it's another story! The male lion was trying to run back and forth with the kids, hoping to find a way to get at them. You could see the hunger in his eyes and watch him lick his chops. At one point, Ella fell down and started to cry. This lion immediately zeroed in on her and crouched down low just staring at her. It was really freaky, even knowing that he couldn't get out.
We came home to find that the snow is almost completely gone! It's been great to get to spend lots of time outdoors again. The girls have already enjoyed the sandbox, bikes and every other outdoor toy known to man. My yard is already cluttered with everything!
I'm sure glad it's outside where I don't have to look at it as often.










.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment