In April, Compassion International is sending more bloggers on a trip. This time the destination is India. 5 more bloggers will get to share their life-changing experiences with the online world.
I truly look forward to reading all about it from a different perspective than my own. I would love to be able to experience this for myself someday.
One of my sisters is actually making a trip with Compassion Canada this summer to Columbia. The child she sponsors lives in Columbia and she will get to meet him face-to-face after 2 1/2 years of sending letters back and forth. She will also get to see firsthand the amazing work that is done through this organization.
Everything I hear about the sponsorship program is wonderful. Compassion works through more than 4000 local churches in 25 of the world's poorest countries to deliver care to the children that are sponsored.
Sponsoring a child only costs $35 a month. I know that times are getting tougher with the financial crisis surrounding us, but think of the cost of your newspaper, your coffee, your TV.
Currently there are over 12,000 children that have been waiting to be sponsored for over 6 months.
Is there someway that you can make it work?
Wess Stafford, the president of Compassion, made a great thank you video. He says it more eloquently than I ever could. Click here to watch the Compassion video on Facebook.
I have a few links on my blog that will take you to either Compassion Canada or Compassion Bloggers. Please consider making a positive change to someone's life today!
This Sunday, I am Sharing Compassion with my church. I truly pray that more people will see the importance of child sponsorship!










.jpg)

3 comments:
Jenn, You are truly amazing....I am so thankful for you!
Jenn, because of your blogging about Compassion is how we chose our sponsor child and who we would go through. I had only ever heard about World Vision and we actually had been researching them when I read one of your entries about Compassion and then that week we chose a little girl from Kenya! So thanks Jenn!
You should become a Compassion Advocate Jenn!
You are a natural, just sign up...who knows, maybe one day you too could go on a trip to visit your sponsor child.
-K
Post a Comment