I have been taking piano lessons for of all about 3 months now and already I have seen huge progress in my playing! This song, Chant Arabe, was the challenge I gave to myself at the very beginning, before I even started my lessons. I told myself that once I could play THIS song, I would be well on my way to becoming a decent pianist. Other Suzuki songs are easier to play together, the left hand usually plays the same pattern all the way through the song so it's easy to focus on the right hand instead. However for this song, the opposite is true. I need to focus on the left hand and I found it was just too complicated to put both hands together. So I left it for a while without practicing it at all.
Finally I had to start playing it at my lessons and I would just quit once it got to the second part of the song. My instructor got me to play both parts individually and told me that I knew the parts well enough that I could just put them together. How simple, hey? Actually she encouraged me to play the right hand with my eyes closed to prove that I really could do it. I highly doubted her confidence in me, but I went home last week and gave it a try.
And this week?
I can play the ENTIRE song together!
I know that it needs a LOT of polishing yet, but I'm just thrilled that I CAN do it!
For a 30-year-old, this 'aint bad!
Definitely a confidence booster.










.jpg)

7 comments:
That is so awesome Jenn! You should be very proud...I am proud of you!!
bravo!
Hey that was awesome!! I love that you're learning the piano. I've actually been thinking that I would love to take lessons again sometime... and you're inspiring me more! :o) Way to go!
That a girl:)
~C
Very great accomplishment!
Didn't know you were taking lessons ... good for you! Sounded really good for just starting.
Post a Comment