A work bug.
I have felt very motivated to get some stuff done around the house that should have been done LONG AGO!!
I reorganized closets and through away some stuff. Boy that feels good to toss things that we don't need or don't use anymore. I took out some boxes to the shed and got everything looking nicer.
After the success of that project I felt like starting up another one. Actually this one was started about 3 years ago when we moved here and seemed to be on hold permanently.
All the doors in our house are mahagany. Dark depressing mahagany. No offense to anyone who likes that color, but for me it's gotta go!
John had begun this project when I was pregnant with Ella. She is 2 1/2 now. I think it's time to just get it done.
So I have been busy sanding closet doors (which have been down for a LONG time!) and priming them afterwards. We also need to work on the door frames which were also dark mahagany.
The girls bedroom doors were finished long ago, but we still need to do the bathrooms, our bedroom and the linen closet, along with all the bedroom closets. Ambitious, yes I know!
Here's what the linen closet currently looks like:
And here is Brianna's door and frame. It's still the same dark wood but just painted over.
This was a way of having some cheap renos done in our house to brighten it up. It's a lot of work (or it will be!!) but I know that it will be worth it in the end. We didn't want to throw away the cost of new doors and know that we wouldn't get that money back when we want to sell someday. We are just buying paint and new trim to go around.
Speaking of trim, hopefully we can get our floor finished (right dear?!?!?) while we are still in "work mode". The floor is 1 year old already. Yep, we are highly motivated and not procrastinators at all.










.jpg)

1 comment:
the finished product looks great! we have some like that here too... its good to see how much nicer it can look!!
Post a Comment