Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What Have I Done?

Too much to do today.

Too much to do tomorrow.

Halloween is in 2 days and I have LOTS of stuff to get done before then.

I brought it on myself.

I know that I did.

But now I'm stressed out.

Tomorrow we need to carve pumpkins. Brie got a small one from her piano teacher, but we usually carve 2 bigger pumpkins to leave outside for the Trick-or-Treaters. So yesterday I bought 2 bigger pumpkins.

Then a friend brought over 3 small ones this morning.

It was very nice of her.

But now we have 6 pumpkins whereas yesterday morning, we only had 1.

Are we carving 6 pumpkins? NO way!! But we have to do at least 2.

Pre-K is also having a party on Friday so I am making these cool Meringue Ghosts.


They are easy to make (just tried a smaller batch today) and Brie is very excited to take these to share with her class. I also wanted to make up a small goodie bag for each of her classmates. Since I'm a stamper I thought we could just stamp an "Enjoy" stamp on the front of a piece of orange cardstock and Brie could write her name on the back. Again, it's easy, but it's still one more thing to do tomorrow.

Also, I came up with this brilliant idea to make treat bags (another stampin' project called a "box in a bag") for our special friends. Apparently the dollar store variety of halloween treat bags wasn't sufficient for me?!? (Or I decided to do this in a moment of insanity?!?) I'm only making 8, but so far only 1 is completed. Here's a photo:


This is a project we just made in our stampin' class last month. I just went out and bought halloween paper at Dollarama a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty cheap to make, just time consuming.

So I really shouldn't be blogging right now, but it's also difficult to accomplish much right before the girls go to bed. You know how kids get right before bedtime.

I had a good day of cleaning yesterday, some friends came over this morning and this afternoon disappeared before I knew it. Now the panic sets in. I should have been working on this both yesterday and today!!!

Reminder to self: Just buy the darn treat bags next year. Don't leave it all to the LAST MINUTE.

1 comment:

freeshopper said...

Those are awesome treat bags!! Wish I was so talented.