Brianna is 3 weeks into piano lessons and we are trying our best to practice each day.
I never realized how difficult fitting a little practice in each day can be. But I truly want to set a good routine NOW before it becomes a chore in the later years.
I have also been trying to practice for myself several times a week. I have not had a lesson yet, as it was recommended to me by my mother-in-law (who also teaches Suzuki piano) that it would probably be best to start in Brie's second year of lessons.
We listen to the Suzuki CD a lot each week and we are slowly learning the words to the songs. Actually, Ella is the fastest learner in our family when it comes to music. She knows the lyrics better than anyone! She claps out the rhythms and sings her heart out. I just love it!
Since we listen the CD so often, I am learning the songs in my head quite well (which is the whole point of Suzuki anyways). I have been plucking away at those ivory keys and have actually impressed myself with how quickly I am improving each week. I am FAR from playing well, but I am beginning to play with both hands and it doesn't sound completely terrible anymore. I have even noticed improvements from day to day which helps stress the importance of daily practicing for both of us!
Life is just getting so busy.
We have completed 4 weeks out of 10 for Music Pups already. We are having a lot of fun each Thursday morning! Ella has a couple of girl friends in class with us and they all have a blast together. Sometimes they are a bit of a challenge to rein in before we start another song, but the main thing is that they are having fun with the music. It's always fun to see how each week the kids have more fun as they know the songs better and are more comfortable with me as the teacher.
We are excited that Gymnastics finally starts tomorrow. It turns out that the high school will have room for us afterall. Ella is quite thrilled to be starting this and I know that this will be a great outlet for all of her extra energy. Sitting at home (especially with Brie gone during the day to Pre-K, piano and dance) she is getting bored.
Bored children drive me crazy.
Probably because I am a reformed bored child.
I am now a bored adult.
Which is getting much better since we are getting so busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










.jpg)

1 comment:
hey, how would I find out if there's Music Pups in Hamilton?
Post a Comment