An epic journey into the deepest mysteries of faith.
Lost is NOT just a television show. It has become larger than that—a massive story filled with mystery that has garnered over twenty million participants. Some might call them viewers, but one does not just watch Lost, one participates in it. It demands that you dialogue with the story, seeking theories and comparing yourself to characters. Lost breaks all the formulas for television, and in doing so has drawn together millions of people on a shared journey that explores life, faith, history, science, philosophy, hope, and the basic questions of what it means to be human. It is the seemingly infinite ideas, philosophies, and biblical metaphors that make this story so engaging.
Chris Seay's fascinating book explores each of these elements in a spinning analysis of faith and metaphor that will attract a multitude of readers who desire to go even deeper into the journey.
My Review: I am already a big fan of LOST but I admit that I was skeptical about reading "The Gospel According to Lost". After reading some other positive reviews however, I decided that it was worth trying. I am so glad that I did!
For those of you who are familiar with the show, or are fans yourselves, you will know that LOST is not a show that you can watch without fully engaging in the storyline. It has a huge cult-like following and has been the product of many conversations over the years.
I began reading this book simultaneously with re-watching Season 5 on DVD and I found that really helpful in order to remember all the details of the show.
Chris Seay does a good job finding comparisons between LOST and the bible. As he explains in his epilogue, Jesus used examples from every day life to draw parables from, so it stands to reason that the same could be done now through popular culture. He compares characters from LOST with people in the bible (old and new testament). He draws some conclusions, and at times makes some predictions. I really appreciated his insight into how this can relate to us in our daily lives.
After reading this I am even more excited for the final season of LOST which begins Feb 2!
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.











.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment