Today my sweet little girl turns 6!
Although I guess technically she isn't my littlest girl, she is my first.
I can't believe that was six years ago already.
So much has changed in 6 short years. Most of it I have already blogged about in some aspect or another.
But it's difficult to realize that some of our current experiences in our current town will be some of the last. This will probably be Brie's last birthday in this house. The only house she remembers.
It's easy to get a little emotional about it.
Actually today we watched some home videos of Brianna's first days, and also her first birthday. So many firsts. This week was another "first" when we discovered not one, but two loose teeth.
I'm not prepared for this new round of firsts leading to her older childhood years. When did she become this grown-up girl?
Okay, I have some issues to work through before Ella's birthday this coming Wednesday. Back to the good stuff....
Here she is reading the first opened present which was "decorate your own bookmarks" by Melissa and Doug. I love that company!
And the reason I love to shop at Air Miles Shops....
Getting birthday presents that cost us zero!
It is a radio/alarm clock/cd player/ipod docking station. She does not have an ipod, but we do plan on getting her one in the next few years I'm sure. For now, she can borrow ours and create her own playlist, or burn songs onto disks.
She is quite happy with the little remote that came with it too!
I made Brie this lovely card the other night. It's nothing fancy, but it is red. And I specifically bought that stamp-set because of the large B. If you can't read the letters in black, it says "is for birthday".
When she opened up today she even gave a 3-syllable "Aww!"
Definitely a success!
Brie is really into making cards and thoughtful pictures for everyone lately. Actually she helped make every single one of her birthday invitations this year. She chose the set to use and helped stamp some of the stuff too. It's a lot of fun doing it together with her.
Actually her "love language" is definitely spending quality time together.
So for her birthday today, we sat down to play some Wii. She chose this over movies or other games as that is "too boring".
For Christmas the girls got a couple new Wii games so Brie wanted to play the New Super Mario Brothers with all 4 players, which we haven't tried yet. She is getting really good at understanding how to move the characters and get those bad guys.
Afterwards we also played Mario Party, which is a complete blast with the kids. It's something that everyone can play with ease!
And although there were some slight hiccups in the day, we had a great day celebrating with her today.
We are so blessed!










.jpg)

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Brianna!! They sure do grow up fast.
Too cute! The birthday card you made her is great! I would have loved to see the invitations!
Happy Birthday to Brianna! :o) I remember very clearly when you were pregnant with her the other day, Jenn... or at least it feels like it was just the other day! Wow.
Post a Comment