This song is one of my very favorite Casting Crowns songs.
I desire to become more open and honest in all areas of my life, but especially within the church circle, as the tendency to "filter" things first is too easy.
This past couple of weeks has been a huge struggle for me. It's been a challenge in many different areas, and I know that I have not been my "normal" self lately.
I would never have chosen for myself, or the others involved, to be in this situation. But in it, we are.
And yet I can clearly see a positive for myself.
I don't in any way want to take away from the pain that people are currently experiencing, or to
make it seem like this is all about me. It's not at all.
That being said, if you read the "About Me" section of my blog, or my very first post as Little Missus Sunshine, you will know that I am trying to be real. I am trying to be honest. The good and the bad. All of it.
This is probably the first time in my life that people are seeing the real me. Several people have asked me if I'm okay, because as one person commented, "The smile is not reaching your eyes anymore". My friends have questioned and are concerned. They don't need to know why, but it helps that God is teaching me to let it out. To be sad if I feel sad. Or to be angry if I am upset.
I have a long ways to go, but this is the first step for me.
I am finally learning how to stop the masquerade.










.jpg)

2 comments:
Sorry to hear your going through hard times:( Praying for you....
~C
good for you :) It is tough but worth it. I love that song too.
Post a Comment