Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alberta Vacation

We are home and mostly rested!

Our trip to Edmonton and area was very nice. We decided to make the drive out there a little shorter by stopping overnight at my mom's place. The girls were having fun jumping off of her deck. Look at the difference in their personalities....

WILD Ella:

Conservative Brie:

And yet....

The day that we went to the West Edmonton Mall and took the kids to Galaxyland, Brie was all about the exciting rides, daring herself to do more scary rides by the end of the day.

Ella...not so much.

I think this picture sums it up nicely!

Poor girl hated the dragon roller coaster. She didn't like it last year, but after a pep talk from me decided that maybe she would like it now. Every time they hit this corner, Ella would yell at me "MOM! I don't like this ride!" I felt bad because I know what it's like to be on a ride that you aren't enjoying, since I'm not much of a ride person.

Actually Ella did have a fun time on the simple rides. She even figured out the bumper cars and laughed with glee. Her favorite was definitely the huge playcenter there though!

Brie had a BLAST the entire day!
She started off deciding not to try any of the bigger rides that she hadn't tried previously, but later on that day, she decided to try out the Swing Of The Century. She ended up going on that ride 5 times! Absolutely loved it!

She even worked up the courage to try the Galaxy Orbiter, which is a large roller coaster that goes around the entire park, while the car spins around. She only did this one once, but I'm impressed that she would even try!!

Later in the week, we did some shopping and even took the girls to see the movie Up. And one of the highlights was definitely seeing the Lion King!

Wow.

Amazing to watch the girls reactions during the show. I even got a little teary-eyed at the beginning. Silly I know, but it was really neat to see it through their eyes.

No comments: