We had a crazy fun-filled week of VBS with record numbers of kids attending. The weather was perfect and we really enjoyed the program that was purchased this year. (Last year we were quite disappointed with the kit, especially the music)
I won't go into all the details, but I was the "photographer" for VBS. Taking pictures of all the kids in the various activities and putting it into a Spotlight Drama slideshow, which summarized the bible story/lesson each day. It was a lot of fun to get the kids involved in the pictures, which called for specific poses to go with the slideshow. And it was a fun way to get to use my new camera too! (I only took about 700+ pictures)
I wasn't sure how Ella would be in her "own" group this year, since she often needs cuddles throughout the day. She was actually a little worried beforehand about it, but she did awesome! I hardly saw her at all. She was quite content in the little group of preschoolers and enjoyed the crafts the most. She would proudly show off her creations each day!
I was also surprised to see the competitive side in both of the girls in their games time. When I was growing up, it bothered me to see lots of girls sitting on the sidelines refusing to play games. That was never me. Even if I didn't feel like playing, I would do it anyways to help out my team.
This is Brie in a relay race. Most of the other girls her age were barely crawling along because they were SO worried about dropping the water balloon. Not my girl! She speed-walked the entire time. I was so proud!
***Okay so the pictures obviously aren't in this blog post right now. Blogger is having "issues" tonight. Will try to post pics tomorrow***
***I guess not. Sorry. I have tried uploading pictures about 4 times now with no success. We leave tomorrow so I will try to catch up when we return***










.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment