Monday, July 13, 2009

Camping, Cold and Closeness

We returned home yesterday from our 4 days of camping.

Most of the weather was COLD. It was rainy, windy or just plain cloudy for most of it.

Of course, yesterday was absolutely beautiful. No wind. No clouds. Warm.

How lovely.

But we did manage to pack up quickly and head to to the beach for a fun-filled hour with the girls before we returned home.

Actually our trip was fun, despite the lousy weather. This is the third year that we have gone to Madge Lake and every year it rains. (So I'm thinking that maybe we need to find a different lake for next year!)

We managed to set up everything before it rained this time, which is a first for us. Anyone remember our "emergency tent purchase" from Madge Lake 2008?

We enjoyed good food, games, hikes, campfires and visiting with each other.

Actually we had another visitor in our site too.



He wasn't a very big bear, but when I was getting something out of the back of the van and this guy was just in front of the van staring at me....

Well it's hard not to get a little alarmed.

Afterall, the girls were on the other side of the van in the "safety" of the screen house, finishing up their PB & J sandwiches. I was putting away some food into the van because we had been told that a bear was in the "area". I looked around and saw what at first looked like someone's dog. (As I said this bear wasn't very big. ) Then I realized that this was no dog. I yelled at John to get the girls in the van. My brave yelling helped to startle the young bear and he started to leave. Of course John quickly ran and got the camera to take this picture!

Unfortunately, we found out that a few sites down from us, stupid people were actually feeding this beautiful animal. The conservation officers came numerous times to scare the bear off, but it was too late...the bear wanted more food and wouldn't leave. They had to put this animal down. What a shame.

Stupid people.

So here's the annual shot that we take every year at Madge. Starting spot for one of the hiking trails. How my girls have grown in two years! John asked how long we will keep taking this same picture, but I would like to do it as long as he can keep holding them both at the same time. It might not be for too much longer!

2007

2009
2008








I will try to post more pictures later this week.





***The pictures are not cooperating with me today so I apologize if the years don't match up with the pics. I tried!!***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I have a blog at www.picturecamping.com where I feature people's posts about camping, and I would like to send my readers your way. Of course I would give you credit for quotes and would link back to your site.

Thanks for considering this,

Jean B. in SC