John had an appointment and I was excited to go to my mom's purse party.
I had gone to my mom's first thing on Friday morning to help her do some party prep. We chopped fruits and veggies and enjoyed a little visit together.
She said that she had to meet a friend just after 11:00. I noticed that she was quite secretive, especially when I asked where they were meeting. Her answer?
A restaurant.
How helpful, hey?
I went back to my inlaws house for the afternoon and even commented to John on how strange my mom was acting. He laughed and said "maybe she is having an affair".
(Now this is not to make light of affairs, but if any of you know my mom you will appreciate the humor that this statement brought!)
So I went back to my mom's just after supper and was in for a surprise. The "friend" my mom was meeting was actually my sister. The "restaurant" was the airport. Actually both of my sisters were there, but the one I knew was going to be there anyways.
They explained to me that I was getting whisked off for the weekend (after the purse party) to Moose Jaw with them! It was my belated 30th birthday celebration.
My birthday was in February, so I was NOT AT ALL expecting this!! Everyone had been planning this for months and they pulled if off spectacularly!
We had a fabulous time at the Temple Gardens. We ate yummy food, enjoyed a couple of spa treatments, went through the Tunnels (neither of my sisters had been before), went in the spa pool and gazed at the stars outside, and we even went to a concert.
The concert was Jeff Straker, who I have actually heard about through our small town. He was very entertaining to listen to. I was completely impressed with his amazing ability to play the piano (and so well at that!), sing and entertain the audience all at the same time! Just this past month, one of his songs hit the Top 10 on Much More Music.
He has a slight "Elton John" sound to his music and I think that he is super talented. But we had a great laugh with the group of guys sitting next to my mom. They were quite enamored with both Jeff and the drummer, if you know what I mean!
Afterwards my mom called up Ray, her husband to tell him about our day. One of the first things she said was, "Well.....I took my girls to a gay concert tonight!" This was one of the funniest things I have ever heard! This was on Saturday night and I am still laughing about it now. Certainly not something I ever thought I would hear my mom say!!
I am so blessed to have a wonderful family. Sure we all have our quirks, but it was a great weekend to be together just us girls.
Thank you SO MUCH ladies, especially Mom, for spoiling me this weekend and for the great laughs! This is something that I will remember forever.
Now to plan our next ladies-only getaway.....










.jpg)

5 comments:
What a nice surprise, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend away.
Actually the restaurant was Starbucks, not the airport, but that's okay. It was a great weekend!
Sounds fun!!!
~C
Oh Jenn,
I am so happy that you were spoiled like that! You so deserve it...and how truly special to be with your mom and sisters! xo
That's so awesome! I'm glad you had such a nice time, you deserved it! :)
Post a Comment