However we were even able to presell a bunch of big baby things (jumperoo, high chair, swing, etc) on Friday to a couple that is expecting twins.
We planned to start at 9 am on Saturday, but I am amazed (and a little disgusted...if I'm being completely honest) at the people who start driving by at 8am. People, I haven't even taken the stuff out of my house yet because I am getting kids fed and washed, hair brushed, husband woken up (since he worked until 3 am) Give me time to get those things done first before I start unloading everything outside!!
We forgot to take a picture first thing in the rush to get everything out quickly since people were already getting out of their cars at 8:30, but here's what was leftover later on in the morning.
The day certainly wasn't warm, but we were able to get a little bit of sunshine first thing in the morning.
And the people just kept on coming! It was a steady stream of people for the first hour and a half.
After that the traffic was slow but we kept on selling stuff, which was great!
We still have some stuff left, including a couple of big items. Anyone need a crib or a baby carseat/stroller combo? We will be in search of someone who could use these things now! Then we will be donating some stuff and my house will be much tidier! It feels great to get all this stuff out of the way. My basement cupboards have room in them now!
I think we will have to do the yard sale thing every 10 years to clean out our house of the things we no longer need or use. It's amazing how the sales of those $0.50 and $2.00 things really add up if you sell enough of them too!
Along with the yard sale, my girls were selling freshly squeezed lemonade and cookies. I picked up this awesome stand from Sunkist a few years ago and was excited to pull it out finally! I mentioned the idea of donating the money to someone who could really use it and immediately Brie said "Let's give it to Ashly."

Ashly is the girl we sponsor through Compassion.
I love that we talk about her enough to make a long-lasting impact on my kids. They are learning to share and think of others because of this precious girl in the Dominican Republic. And are my kids going to miss the money from the lemonade sales? Of course not!
So now Ashly and her family will get to buy something that they DO actually need!
It's a win-win for everyone!










.jpg)

1 comment:
Oh my, I LOVE the stand, how cute:)
~C
Post a Comment