
Yesterday I was sitting outside on my deck while talking on the phone with my mom.
She was in the middle of telling me something when I spotted my first hummingbird of the year.
If you don't recall, I have a slight obsession with these particular birds!
So I excitedly announced to everyone yesterday that they are back. Typically they do arrive in Saskatchewan in May, but with our super cold "spring", I wasn't expecting to see any for a long time. Plus I don't have any flowers blooming, except for some lovely tulips in my front yard.
So while I continued to talk with my mom, I hurriedly dug out my hummingbird feeders and took them into the house to fill them.
Today?
I saw 2 hummingbirds feasting from the feeders today.
You have no idea how excited I am!
I think the pleasure comes in the the challenge it is to attract those tiny little birds. They are particular about what they like, and they are quite jittery and anxious too. So it's difficult to find them and especially to bring them back.
This is the first time that I have seen 2 birds at one time in my yard. Usually they are quite territorial and will fight to protect their feeders. So I actually have 2 feeders in my backyard, on opposite ends from from each so that I can hopefully attract more at a time.
Now I'm dreaming of feeders in the front yard too.
Everyone must think I am completely nuts!










.jpg)

1 comment:
Nah, I think that's really cool.
Post a Comment