Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thinking and Processing

Well tonight is the last night for This Is My Story.

We have 6 weeks of journalling to compile into a scrapbook album. I am currently working on week 4 which is almost complete. Then I just have to finish the last 2 weeks and my "work of art" is complete! It's actually a really great study, for those that want to try something different.

I am a little disappointed with the lack of participation from some of the women in our group though. They aren't journalling and they aren't scrapbooking either.

So then why join the group???

This makes it difficult to try to pick new material for a bible study in the fall. Funds are VERY limited in our church but I want to pick a quality study like Beth Moore's books. But those require a good 45 min a day to journal. Is it even worth considering?

On a different note, our church is excitedly moving forward with some great things! People are working on defining our growth with a mission statement and a clear set of values.

Until this month,the local preschool has rented out our church basement, but they will be moving out shortly. This frees up a lot of space for us. Some plans are in the works for a "indoor playground" of sorts for our community. Some type of meeting place for moms and kids during the week. We are just in the browsing stages for some play equipment, but I'm really excited to see some growth and purpose in our church!

And now to the personal update....

I am currently considering taking some type of online class or classes this fall. I won't give specifics until I make a clear decision but I just sent away for my transcripts yesterday.

I know that most likely wherever we live next, I will need to work at least part-time in order to finance whatever size mortgage we end up with. Since we most likely only have a year left in our current town (gasp! I'm not ready!!) my mind has been on jobs a lot. I know that with my experience, I could get a job with a bank fairly easily. Or something clerical.

But is that something that I want to do for the next 25 years?

God has put something on my heart quite recently and although I am not ready to share anything until I make some clear decisions, I am definitely feeling like some doors may be opening up for this to become a possibility.

Until recently, I had never even considered this option.

So I am terrified and excited all at the same time.

I realize that this won't make sense to any of you, but this is my blog and sometimes I just need to type things out in order to process them.

So for now, I am praying lots. Trying to determine the path that I need to take. Trying to figure out how it will all work out, if I choose to go this particular way. And lots of research.
I would appreciate any prayers that you send my way too! I promise that I will send a clearer blog post sometime in the future. Sorry I can't be any more specific.

3 comments:

spazo said...

very exciting how God works! i'll be praying for your family as they are as much a part of this journey as you are!

Jinny said...

It's exciting that you're thinking of doing online courses for something! I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Part of me wants to do something that will enable me to move around more in my company..get more pay, that sort of thing...and then another part of me wants to do something way more careery. I might do both...we'll see. I'm proud of you! I hope you get posted somewhere awesome. I understand the apprehension of moving when you know it's coming. It's hard. It took everything in me not to cry every Sunday at church when I looked at all the friends I'd be leaving. But we've made more friends here, and God is faithful and good...but you already know that. :)
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

maybe the women who don't fully participate joined the group because they are lonely.......