Saturday, December 6, 2008

Cole Family Christmas review

Earlier this week, before I came down with this nasty cold, I was able to read a great new book called "Cole Family Christmas".

Taken from the inside cover "The wish book. This amazing year, the nine children in the Cole family have been allowed to sit down with the Sears, Roebuck and Company catalogue to choose the gift they would most like to receive for Christmas. This is a rare event, for the Coles are not wealthy."

My review: I really enjoyed this book. Before reading it, I thought it was a story that I might enjoy reading. I found that it was a very quick read as there are only 74 pages in this hardcover story. It is such a heartwarming story of a family growing up together in the dangerous times of coal mining. They cry, they laugh, they forgive, and they love each other. This book has great colorful illustrations that anyone, young or old could appreciate. I am looking forward to sitting down with my girls and reading this out loud to them!

Check out the website for Cole Family Christmas. You can read the first chapter, print off gift tags, or even purchase the book.

This book would make a wonderful gift for any family to read together, or anyone who enjoys a good story.

No comments: