Monday, November 9, 2009

Compassion El Salvador

Today marks the beginning of another Compassion Bloggers trip.

This week a group of bloggers will be in El Salvador.

I really know nothing about this country, so it will be interesting to hear more details as they are posted.

Today is also the 6th birthday of the girl we sponsor. Happy birthday sweet Ashly! We are thinking of and praying for you today.

I actually just sent her some tattoos in the mail last week, which she should get in time for the 2010 Olympics. Correspondence is slow, but oh so worthwhile! Not too long ago, she sent us a lovely drawing that is now permanently on our fridge.

My girls talk about Ashly ALL the time. They would love to meet her, so we have begun to pray that God would make this possible some day.

There are many kids who still need a sponsor and I have chosen to take a more active role with Compassion to share my experiences and look for more sponsors. Would you consider it today?

It's only $35 a month and will forever change a child's life.

It would also make a wonderful Christmas gift for someone.

Please pray about it.

Also, to help get your kids involved Compassion has created a fun website for them.

Share Quest for Compassion - an interactive game that educates children about global poverty




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks