Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Expanded Bible review

The Expanded Bible: New Testament reflects the latest scholarship, current English, and the needs of contemporary students of the Bible. This new testament includes a multitude of study aids and expanded translations right in line with the text making it possible for you to study the Bible while you read!
Expanded translations bring out the meaning of words and offer alternatives.
Literal meanings of terms from the original languages are included where they can provide more understanding.
Traditional wordings assist recollection of familiar terms and expressions.
Comments explain passages that can be understood better with a brief remark.
Useful references supply rewarding opportunities for comparing other Scriptures.
Variants display additional wording in some of the original language texts.
My Review: I am really enjoying reading through this version of the New Testament. It is a modified version of the New Century Version, and I think that the additional words/phrases included help to better understand the original language that the bible was written in. Reading this version is almost like having a parallel bible that has a few few translations inside one book. It is called The Expanded Bible because in addition to the base text, alternate interpretations of the words or phrases are included. I think the introduction helps to explain why this book was created, but more importantly, how to get the most out of it. It is easy to understand. I think this would make a great tool for studying the bible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that review, I'm going to check it out:)

C

Anonymous said...

it does sound quite good

K

Anonymous said...

I inclination not approve on it. I over warm-hearted post. Particularly the title attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.