- Painting a room is relatively cheap. Painting the entire floor of a house in a month (including ceilings) gets more expensive.
- Getting a hold of any general contractor to get a quote is very irritating and pointless.
- Moving has been very stressful on my kids.
- Camping with our good friends this past week was good for everyone, until we needed to say goodbye to them once again.
- I wish I could save my girls from the pain of missing their best friends and family and it breaks my heart to see them cry.
- Toy Story 3 was awesome but definitely worthy of kleenex.
- We are looking forward to a much-needed trip to Ikea this week so I can continue unpacking my boxes.
- The kids are also excited about watersliding and Calaway Park! (nothing like a fun diversion to help them forget that they are sad too)
- Small town church hospitality is amazing! You won't find such a warm welcome anywhere else.
- Our neighbours are much friendlier than in our previous town and there are kids everywhere.
- 2 boys came to our yard the other day and asked our girls to kiss them. (just imagine how happy protective daddy John was when he heard this...I think I may have seen steam come out of his ears!)
- The girls thought the kissing boys were odd which may have led John and I to give a slight cheer when we think of them 10 years from now.
- I am hoping to start Ella's quilt this month.
- I also need to figure out some solutions to school stuff as the U of R is not offering anything applicable for this upcoming fall semester. I may have to outsource through another distance university such as Athabasca and just know that I am paying approx. $200 more per class this way. Sigh. It is expensive.
- Today is the 15-year anniversary of when John asked me out. Happy "anniversary" sweetie! I love you.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Quick Thoughts
This past month has been a whirlwind of busy activities! There is no good way to properly summarize all that has gone on so I thought I would just give a brief list of some of my current thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment