Wednesday, August 25, 2010
First Day of Grade One
Well I officially have a grade one child.
We all dropped her off at school this morning, but she requested that John bring her inside to her classroom.
Last week Brie and I met her teacher, which was a suggestion from her Kindergarten teacher from last year. It made a huge difference in her stress level from the move and everything.
We have also met some girls that will be in her class through the swimming lessons that she was in.
That was one of the main reasons for taking lessons this summmer...to meet kids.
So I thought that today might go a little smoother on her since she already knew some names and faces.
But the tears began when we parked in front of the school this morning. The poor girl is terrified.
I didn't think that I would cry at the concept of her going into school full days, every day. But I do cry at the thought of my little girl, scared and alone.
So I am doing lots of praying for her today. Praying for friendships and a successful first day. Praying that she looks forward to tomorrow and the days to follow.
Ugh, this is hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











.jpg)

1 comment:
Oh Dear. I hope the day went okay for her!! Keep us posted...
Post a Comment