So I have been neglecting this blog once again. (Shocking, I know!)
I have been in a bit of a funk, too much going on, and yet at the same time, not enough worthy of blogging about.
And if I'm being completely honest, I am a wee bit lonely.
Not because I haven't had any company out here since our move last month. In fact, we have had quite a few visitors already which I greatly appreciate. We are getting more visitors next week as well.
In spite of all of this busyness (of holidays, visitors, house renos, trying to pick classes for school, and the stress of all of it) I have still managed to become sad.
It's also not because I haven't met some people around town. One of John's coworkers attends "our" church and we have seemed to hit it off nicely already with his family. We have been welcomed by neighbours, the church and the RCMP family.
But it's still difficult to adjust to moving. I don't KNOW anyone here. There is no one here who really understands who we are and gets us. Everyone that I am close with is far away.
Until today I had been bottling it all up. I realize that is not a healthy option, but it was the option I took nevertheless.
The thing that pushed me over the edge?
My sewing machine.
I decided to try to get myself out of this sadness by beginning on Ella's quilt. I figured that I would have a solid couple of weeks to work on it before the craziness of September begins. I got a brand new work table this week (which was an entire ORDEAL in itself! Let's just say that Ikea needs to work on their customer service) to use exclusively for my crafty adventures. It is set up in our bedroom by a big bright window. I had been excited to start sewing again; all the fabric was washed, ironed and cut out already. The only thing left to do was to turn on the sewing machine and begin putting it together.
Insert frustration here!!!!!
Stupid machine keeps jamming on me and I got nowhere after 90 minutes of trying last night. (I cleaned it, I tried to sew again. Then I took it apart and cleaned it again to no avail. It still jams on me.)
I think it was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Today I have been battling the tears.
It did open up some good discussion between John and I today. We each are feeling it in different ways, but it is good to know that HE understands what I am going through. We aren't always good at communicating (is anyone?!?) but I'm glad that we are on the same page.
Moving is never easy. Especially when it wasn't really our decision in the first place. We don't really handle change well, especially when it means stepping out of our comfort zones and meeting new people.
But... we are together. My stupid sewing machine is not working, and may actually end up getting smashed into a million pieces, but we are together.
And for now, that will have to do.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










.jpg)

2 comments:
Oh you guys:( I'm sorry your having a hard time, moving must be so hard. Thanks for sharing - I'll be praying for you!!
Carissa
oh Jenn, sorry that you're feeling so badly.... :(
Lots of love being sent your way.
Post a Comment