Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What's Next?

Alright so I thought I would briefly address the RCMP move here for those of you who are curious!

There are hundreds of pages of information, so it can get overwhelming for those of us who haven't experienced a move with them before.

Sure we did the move when John graduated from Depot, but the process for new recruits is very different from those who are already employed with them.  The biggest difference is cost.  Last time we had to pay for realty fees, legal fees etc.

This time, we really pay for nothing, although the funds come from 3 different sections.

And it's only fair since they make us move every 5 or so years!

Later on when it comes time to pack up this house, we don't have to lift a finger.  They pack it all and deliver it all.  Very convenient, although they will refuse to move anything with liquids (think cooking ingredients like cooking oil and vinegar, or cleaning products) or anything that could be flammable.  So our van will be very full with stuff that we have to take on our own.

We are just waiting to hear from the Relocation people to have our current house appraised.  Once this is completed then we can list our house for sale.

When the sale is completed (all conditions removed), then we are authorized to go on a "House Hunting Trip".

I am getting fairly anxious to get everything underway.  Several people have commented that our house shouldn't take long to sell, and I'm really hoping this is the case.  I want to know where we are going to live next!

I have never been to the town we are moving to, so I would like to drive around and see the sites.  Hopefully we are successful in finding another great house to live in too.

Do you have any other questions about our move?  Let me know and I can try to answer them for you!

No comments: