Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Treesponsible

In honor of Earth Day tomorrow, I would like to tell you a little bit about a Canadian company that is making great efforts to be responsible in its consumption of natural resources.

Many of us are trying to make efforts in becoming more "green".  By using less chemicals, by recycling, by composting, etc.

But how many of us consider going "green" when we buy our toilet paper or kleenex every month?  Afterall, when dealing with sensitive areas we want the product to be soft, not necessarily good on the environment.

Majesta has made a promise to plant 3 trees for every one that they use to produce paper products.
Tree Planting

They call it Treesponsible.

I will admit, I was a skeptic.  But they have a Tree Planting Promise to ensure that their integrity remains strong.

I was quite happy with the brands that I currently use, so why would I consider switching?

At first I learned about the labels on any Majesta product.  These labels tell us that their product is:

  • Made in Canada
  • From a SFI (Sustainable Forest)
  • Biodegradable and Plumbing friendly (made from natural wood fibres)
  • Made without dyes or fragrances
  • Whitened without clorin

Alright so they sound good, but what is the quality of their product like?

MAJESTAI was sent a sample of all 3 of the paper products made by Majesta.  The tissue is soft and absorbent.  The paper towel is a little thinner than I would expect, but it works well for the jobs I use it for.  However I would prefer to have the "select-a-size" option in order to have less waste.

The toilet paper is something else.....

For this review I was required to do a water bottle test.  I filled 2 water bottles with water and then added 5 squares of toilet paper to each bottle,  one with Majesta and the other with another brand (which just so happens to be the one I usually buy).

I was instructed to shake each bottle only 5 times and observe the differences.

The competitor's brand was still completely intact.  Not even slightly dissolved.  The water was very clear.

Majesta's product was already breaking down.  The water was cloudy and filled with particles of toilet paper.

Now for someone who has 2 little girls that constantly use too much toilet paper this was incredible!  Our toilet gets plugged on a regular basis and I always wrote it off to the fact that it's from the kids.  Apparently it was also because the brand I buy does not break down.

I left the water bottles out for a full day and the other brand never did break down.

So next time I buy toilet paper, I will absolutely be looking for Majesta!  The water bottle test really sold me on their product.

As part of the Treesponsible campaign, Majesta is working towards a goal of planting 1 million trees this year.  They are almost halfway there already!  When you purchase their products, you can be assured that you are assisting them in this amazing effort.

Majesta is also holding a contest for $15,000 towards green home project, whether it be for landscaping or home improvements like energy-efficient appliances or new windows.

You can enter this contest daily until June 27, 2010.

***I received the Majesta products as part of a blog tour with Mom Central Canada.  Although I was not required to post a positive review I was compensated for my time with a gift card as well***

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! Followed you over here via Mom Central (Majesta Moms). Great post!!! I love that the Majesta toilet paper breaks up so quickly! Yay! No more clogged toilets! LOL!

It's been a fun blog tour! I really enjoyed participating and also getting to know some of the other Majesta Moms! Great blog, btw!

http://lifeonmanitoulinreviews.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-earth-day.html