Friday, July 25, 2008

Quilting Queen

On my old blog, I mentioned how anti-crafts I was when we moved just a few years ago

Surprisingly, my attitude changed drastically with the small town atmosphere and the lack of places to go, or things to do around here.

So I have been quite busy learning how to quilt lately. A friend and I made one together and just gave it to another friend this week. She just had a baby and this was our gift to her

Here's a few pictures of it.





Since this went so well (and it was actually *gasp* fun) I went out and bought more fabric to make other baby quilts!





I have started working on a baby girl quilt, but more recently I have been frantically trying to start and finish a baby boy one for my new nephew that was born on Monday. I just bought the blue fleece a week last Saturday and started it Sunday before we got the good news. Here's a few pictures of it. I have only to sew the 2 big pieces together and then finish off the edges with a border. Whew! I haven't done much else this week.



This is my workspace. It's an ugly dark shelving unit in the basement, but it has actually become my craft area. Lots of shelves and cupboards to keep everything within reach. It's great!



Once I'm finished these projects, I can get back to the red quilt I'm making for Brie. I have made a little progress on it, but I'll save picture of that for another post.

4 comments:

freeshopper said...

That is great. Such talent. Everyone will like them. So keep up the great work!

freeshopper said...

P.S. Like the new blog!!

spazo said...

do you quilt them by hand or by machine?...i've got one on the frame just waiting for me to get off my butt and quilt it...lots of fun...once i get to it:)

Seanna said...

They look awesome Jenn, very impressive.