Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bragging

I just wanted everyone to know that John received an award last night!!

The "Award of Distinction" was to recognize his leadership and motivation in a specific area of his work.  I won't name specifics on here, but it was related to something that made national headlines in the media in 2009.

He is too humble and doesn't think that he is deserving of this award.  Especially since two of his previous co-workers received the same award.  He claims that they were just doing their jobs.

What other people don't know is how John encouraged his co-workers to set a high goal (for a specific type of police file) for their office for the entire year.  Originally they laughed.  It was too high.  It was impossible.

But they tried and very nearly met their goal.  And now they are being rewarded for their efforts.

John received a lovely framed award, as well as a watch with the word "Distinction" on the face of it.

I am very proud!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Trevor and I both say "NICE WORK POTSIE!!" :)

Unknown said...

YAY, that's very very cool! Congratulations!!

Jinny said...

That's so awesome! Are we allowed to ask what the thing in the news was? I have no idea... :)