I am trying to plan out a painting scheme for the girls' room in our new place. Of course I am trying to accommodate each of them with their favorite colors.
It's going to be difficult however.
Ella wants pink.
Brie wants red.
I've been browsing online for some ideas (as a way to avoid school and house related work!) and have found a few ideas. Keep in mind that we will have a bunkbed in their room, rather than two individual beds. However their beds, dressers and bookshelves are all white. As are the window trim and doors in the room.
What do you think looks nicer for a girls room?

Light pink on the top 2/3 of the room, with coordinating red on the bottom?
Chair rail or no chair rail?
OR.....

Light pink on all walls with 1 or 2 walls striped with coordinating red?
Do you have any other ideas?










.jpg)

6 comments:
I like the red and pink striped idea. Then have the girls each pick out different pink or red accents for their room, that way they feel involved in the decorating process. You could also have each of their beds reflect their favorite color and personality.
I can't see the first picture... but I am not a huge fan of stripes and I think the other one sounds prettier!
My boys share a room too and have a bunk bed. We put up wainscoting. The bottom (where nate sleeps) is blue (nate's fave), the top (where will sleeps) is green (will's fave). They seem to like it.
I just saw a girlfriend's house the other day. Her daughter's room is pink and red. She had the prettiest red on the wall (I can find out the tone if you'd like - but it gorgeous) and her bedding is pink. It looks very, very pretty. Not sure that the girls would go for that, cuz it's not quite even.
Or if you did stripes, you might want to make them alternating widths. Doesn't this picture look a bit like a circus tent?
Or you could just go neutral on the walls and let them chose their own bedding?
I'm sure it'll look great, whatever you do.
I could not see the first picture either.
Sorry about the first picture, it has disappeared online and I can't load the one from my blog post either. Weird.
I agree with Amanda - maybe alternating widths of stripes or something? But I do think the the top one sounds like a good idea too!
Post a Comment