Living in a small town for the last 5 years, we have seen quite a variety of wildlife in our very own backyard.
Mostly it has been the usual birds and hummingbirds (which I'm currently waiting for), butterflies and bees, etc.
We have also seen many frogs, which the kids and cats always enjoy.
There has also been a garter snake.
MANY mice, and even a gopher that one of the cats scared into our shed.
A salamander that John found one evening.
A few days ago it was a new one.
Our sweet cat Jessie had brought her latest catch home.
What was it?
A bunny.
Yes. A real jack rabbit bunny.
It was very cute, but unfortunately it was also very dead.
Later on the cats were "feasting" on it. Ella looked over at the remains and said, "Look! There is chicken inside!"
Heh heh heh!
She cracks me up.
Except for tonight. This was the exception.
We had the hyperventilating freak-out child.
All because of a teeny tiny tick.
I'll be the first to admit that those hideous creatures creep me out. I am a city girl and honestly had not seen one before a few years ago. I am sure these things are pure evil.
I normally don't see them often, maybe once a year. But this year already I have seen lots. It must be an abnormally high season for them already.
Ella's freak-out "session" tonight was something else.
John had just returned to work for his evening shift after a brief supper break. Only a couple of minutes later I was running bath water for the girls.
Which is when we discovered the spawn of satan. Also known as the tick.
I didn't want to alarm the poor girl so I just tried to brush it off quickly. Eww! Unfortunately it was already attached.
Not my department, so I called John.
I also called him yesterday to rescue me from the 4 LARGE bumblebees that were in my house. (we get them every year in the spring and can't figure out how to stop them from sneaking into the house) I'm scared of stinging insects and really am no good to anyone if I am trapped with them inside my house!
Great guy that he is, he came home and helped out with the nasty tick.
Blech.
But it took a good 15 minutes of freaking out from Ella first.
We were mad and frustrated with each other and her.
She was either sobbing and/or clinging to me, or she was clutching her throat like she couldn't breathe from all of the energy she was pouring into her protests.
Brie was also crying because she was scared for Ella.
However we made it through to the other side.
Barely.
But we made it.
Whew.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










.jpg)

2 comments:
awwww, poor thing. We had a tick on our dog Max a couple months ago. My husband had to pry it out with tweezers, those things are difficult!
Hahaha, that made me laugh but only because I can relate to it:) I haven't called Jon home from work yet with a bug problem but that's only because I put cups on them (spiders) until Jon gets home and kills them. Ha!!! They are good to us:)
Poor Ella, ticks are gross, glad she (and you) survived:)
Post a Comment